Monday, February 11, 2013

See No Evil, Hear No Evil

I don't have a lot to complain about Lilith right now and that is because I have had no contact with her in more then 2 weeks. I got the flu which kept me from most social media and even since recovering I haven't been on Seth's Facebook to check anything, so it has been like Lilith isn't a part of my life.

She should have had visitation with Seth this weekend but her household was sick so she didn't have him and he stayed with us. I don't know what is going to happen this week. Lilith has apparently been driving even though her license is suspended because of her DUI. I know she wants to revert to the old custody arraignment of 50/50 but I don't think it is a good idea until she either regains her license or gains a restricted drivers license. I told Adam last night that I think it would be trouble to knowingly allow Lilith to drive Seth without a license but I have now left The situation with Adam and won't keep worrying about it. I can't promise that if Lilith is allowed to drive with Seth in the car and gets pulled over driving on a suspended license that I won't place a call to the social worker but telling the social worker anything is like tattling to a house cat. Useless. I have never met a CPS worker who was lazier and less involved then the one dealing with Lilith'a case.

Lilith has been in the middle of a case with CPS investigating her alcohol abuse. She was sent for a drug and alcohol screening, which she passed because she isn't drunk enough to drink immediately proceeding the test. During the investigation stage is when Lilith got her DUI. I called the social worker to make her aware of the situation, as she instructed me I was to do during the whole investigation. We allowed this social worker access to our home, Seth and RachelLulu's medical records, Seth's school records. Personal information about ourselves, anything that was needed to be transparent. We did what we were supposed too. The social worker called me back 3 days after my initial call to her about the DUI (which took place over the holidays) and told me that they would see what information they could investigate. We haven't heard from her since.

I was ready to fight but Adam felt a bit apathetic once Seth was safe with us full time. I have the social workers supervisors information and could have pursued the issue further but chose to step back. I wasn't trying to persecute Lilith and really I didn't care as long as Seth was safe. I just don't want to be standing here saying "I told you so" if Lilith is allowed to drive Seth while we know her license is suspended or if something else happens because of her alcohol abuse but like countless other stepparents I am left biting my tongue because really it isn't my battle to fight. I can't fight more then my husband, Seth's biological parent, if he doesn't feel like the intervention is warranted then I am left with no choice but to back away.

Oh! And you may ask how we know that Lilith is driving on a suspended license and hasn't gotten a restricted license yet? Because again, she told Adam. He didn't ask, he didn't pursue the information. She volunteered it but because of knowing the truth I don't feel like we can just act like we don't know and pretend we don't know.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment