Thursday, January 24, 2013

Things I Love Thursday (TILT)

With all the drama that Lilith brings into our lives and the usual preteen drama that fills Seth's life, it is easy to get drug down by the negative. Adam and I have a normal marriage with the ups and downs but something we have always tried to do is to stay positive. I will admit Adam is often more naturally upbeat then I am, I have to work on being happy and be conscious of where my mind wanders and try not to allow it meditate on the negative, wrong or the sad.

So I am going to introduce "Things I Love Thursday" (TILT) these are just a few things this week that have made me excited no matter how small. I encourage you to share your TILT's with me in the comments, on my Facebook page or in your own blogs, just link to me so I can come share in the love.

Things I Love:
It's raining today, I love the smell of the rain and feeling the humidity on my skin. I love the cloudy grayness and a hot cup of tea in the morning. It's a perfect day to make a potato soup and sit around the table tonight and talk.

I bought $400.00 worth of birthday presents for almost everyone over the next year for $140.00. Including buying an awesome gift for Seth's sister Leah for under $15.00 that originally would have cost $45.00. I love shopping clearance sales.

I love that because of a Groupon I had a chance to share my love of yoga with friends and family. I love hearing them talking about classes and seeing their bright and smiling faces in the room with me.

I love the way Adam smells, I love catching a whiff of his cologne as he walks by or when he is holding me close. I love smelling his pillow after he has left for work in the morning or if I grab a shirt to throw on to help Seth get ready for school and it smells like Adam, it's like wearing a hug from him when he isn't around.

I discovered comedy stations on Pandora. Awesome for cleaning and yard work. Speaking of yard work, I got the front yard weeded, swept the rocks and cleaned up both my elderly neighbors front yards.

This weekend I am going to clean my carpets, which in of itself doesn't seem like something I would love but I love having clean carpets! So the work will be worth the effort. I am also cleaning all the drapes and curtains, time to chase all these dust bunnies away!

So what are the things you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment